Saturday, June 30, 2018

Number 9

ok, so I was not planning on doing anything today as TODAY, not Sunday, is the Sabbath and the day of rest but I had a couple of things that had to be done today.
I have one week of work in, Monday through Friday. I do not work on Saturday or Sunday.
Speaking of Sunday. How do you think the day of rest got changed in people's mind? According to many, it goes back to when Constantine founded the Catholic Church and the worship of the Sun.

I was eh on this but have read in many sources and heard from various people that is WAS the start of making Sunday a "holy" day.
I have been reading Leviticus and made some correlations Between practices in the Catholic Church and parts of the Old and New Testaments. Still have not gotten to concrete "sun worshipping" other then general books and talking to people. I am looking into it though.
Why? I was raised catholic. My parents were catholic and my brother and most of his children are catholic. I consider myself "non-denominational" means I have faith and belief but do not follow organized doctrine. Try it, you'll like it. Aside from people bugging you ot go to church "because fellowship is important" Yea I am not that fond of people.
Back to Leviticus and what i see as partial foundation of Catholic Practices.
What I get from Leviticus . People shall go to the priests and confess their sins and offer sacrifice unto the Lord which shall be given to the priests to be made into burnt, grain, sin offerings.
The priests at this time are Aaron and his sons, to be continued throughout the sons of their children,etc...
This is going ot confession in the Catholic church. Telling the priest your sins, he gives you whatever penance to fill, and then he acts as a go between (Aaron and his sons had this function) to absolve the sins of the penitent.
Clothing, the different robes and cassocks or whatever you want to call them worn by members of the Catholic order today as compared to what was written in the Bible. This is an excerpt from the Bible from Exodus which is the book before Leviticus.
And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
Watch a Catholic ceremony sometime or a mass given by the pope, see how hte clothing is so similar.
That is 2 parts of the similarities I have found. I have one more and then some other discussion and probably later, as I read more, I will post more blogs of similarities I find between what isin the bible and what I have seen in whatever religion.
3rd point. From Leviticus, all this is from the KJV, And the remainder thereof shall Aaron and his sons eat: with unleavened bread shall it be eaten in the holy place; in the court of the tabernacle of the congregation they shall eat it.
Unleavened bread. The wafers priests pass out at the front or altar of the church for people to take. These parts of the Old Testament taken and put into a from of ceremony by the Catholic church.
But there is also elements of the New Testament involved in these ceremonies and masses.
 this is getting long so i am going to quit here but when i do get back to this, I will (I will write other blog posts in between) write what i see of this and also hope to have more of the "sun" worship part.
I do think that the Catholic Church wants to cover all possibilities so is combining elements of Old and new testament and possibly of "sun or moon or whatever other worshil there was at the time of Constantine's founding of the church.

No comments: